Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2nd Scrappinmoms Idol!!!!

Last Saturday, October 4 was a major blast for me and 9 other finalist for the 2nd Scrappinmoms Idols here in the Philippines. And until now, I still could not believe what happened that day!!! This experience has be overwhelming for me and this is one event I will cherish forever.
I would like to thank the Scrappinmoms for organizing such an event that showcase Filipino scrapping talent. I know planning for these was not an easy task and I thank you for rendering your time and effort in organizing this.
So to continue my story... We had the Idols finale last Saturday. We had a day of fun, shopping and chatting with our fellow scrappers. Then in the afternoon, its time for our final challenge. 10 of us were sitted on 3 tables to scrap for 3 hours given a kit of materials to use.

After 3 agonizing hours using the Challenge Kit (4 AC patterned papers, buttons, beads, 3 sets of ribbons, Sinamay trim, velvet ribbon, chiboard shapes, and a glittered x'mas fern) here is my finished entry....

and guess what....

I won!!! here is a pic of my prize!!!
thanks so much for these yummy goodies!!!!
here are some pics during the event...a day of shopping!!! ( i got broke!!! huhu but im happy!!! lots of stuff to play with!!!)See how fun the day was! This is us (finalists) when our challenge kits were distributed. We are just having fun!!!Time to get serious. This is me reading the challenge instructions. Im begining to get cold and nervous.This is me again hihi! Explaining what i did with my entry to the Scrappinmoms.We all have 6 rounds of challenges before the finals... And here are the ladies who's gorgeous
work was Pick of the Week by Guest judges. Believe me, their work is so beautiful!!!
Here we are!!!! the 10 Finalists!!! Striking a pose!This is Cabbie Lopez. Last year's Scrappinmom's Idol!!!! The crown was courtesy of Ms. lee Imao! Top 5... Lee Imao, Donna Espiritu, Dinah Maningat, Issa Lucido and me!!!Then top 3... Donna, Me and Issa (Congrats mga sis!!!)And when Pia announced the winner....
1st Scrappinmoms Idol Cabbie passed the crown to me hihi!Picture with the Scrappinmoms - Pia. Liza, April, Ria and Cabbie.
Our group picture!!! Congrats ladies!!!
I would also like to thank Meng Lim for lending me these awesome photos!!! thanks so much!!!
And at last, I can now post my LOs and project for the Idols...
Elimination Round - Create a layout using the sketch by our Scrapbytes Resident Sketch Designer, Em Magpoc

My take on the sketch...Round 1 - Repetition of Elements. We were asked to make a party set with this design concept in mind.Round 2- "A Color is a Color is a Color" Design Concept: Color Theory & Harmony We were asked to use only the colors Violet, Orange, red and Green with 5 different sized photos!

Round 3- "A Day in the Life"
Design Concept: Direction & Movement
Round 4 - "Layers of Me"
Design Concept: Dimension and LayersRound 5:"Supersize It!
Design Concept: Balance & Symmetry

Round 6:"SIX and Counting!"
Answer the Question: "Why Do I Deserve to be the Next Scrappin’ Moms Idol?"

Thank you very much for this wonderful opportunity!!! This is really a dream came true for me!!! Thanks so much!

6 comments:

Wati Basri said...

Congrats again Cooks!! U totally deserve it!!

Nina said...

Kapatid! I say it again, wala na talagang iba! Lovely work and so inspiring! =) Miss you!

*hugs*
Nina

Wendy Smith said...

WOWSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Cookie..well deserved by the looks of tose awesome LOs...Love your work

You must have had a ball, the photos are so full of life from the day (love your rainbow T BTW)

How cool is that trophy and winning kit...WOW

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Cograts ulit Cookie. All your creations for the SM Idol were beautiful. It was nice seeing you last Saturday though Thank You at Good luck lang ang nasabi ko sayo non. Hehe. Medyo busy din kasi kayo non at medyo shy pa rin ako kaya di ako masyado nakachicka. Hopefully next time. Congrats ulit!

Wishful Thinking said...

Congratulations Cookie. How exciting :-) Love all the LO's you did, absolutely beautiful.

Liza said...

Congratulations Cookie! WOwww!Your LOs are all soo Gorgeous!! You totally deserve it!!